Loveholidays is a legitimate travel agency that has been in business for over 11 years. However, there have been some reports of customers having problems with the company, such as not receiving their refunds or having their flights canceled as well as not being able to connect to a member of their customer service team.
It is important to note that Love Holidays is no longer ABTA protected but their flights are covered under ATOL So, when you book a package that includes at least a flight and a hotel, the ATOL scheme steps in to keep your holiday package financially secure.
Here’s what ATOL generally covers:
- Package Holidays: If you book a package holiday (a combination of at least two types of travel services, typically including flights and accommodation, from a single company), your holiday is protected under the ATOL scheme. This means you’re covered if the company you booked with goes bust.
- Charter Flights: Some charter flights may also be covered by the ATOL scheme, but it’s always worth checking whether your specific flight is protected.
- ‘Flight-Plus’ Holidays: These are holidays where you book a flight, and then book accommodation or car hire within a day or two, through the same company. These types of bookings are often protected by ATOL.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you are considering booking with Loveholidays:
- Loveholidays has a Trustpilot rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars, based on over 118,000 reviews.
- The company’s terms and conditions state that you will be refunded if your flight is canceled or your holiday is disrupted.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to book with Loveholidays is up to you. However, by researching and understanding the company’s terms and conditions, you can reduce the risk of being scammed.