While the company strives to deliver exceptional service, there may be instances where customers feel dissatisfied and need to lodge a complaint. This article will guide you through the process of filing a complaint with Hastings Direct.
Step 1: Understand your grounds for complaint
Before submitting a complaint, determine the nature of your issue. Common reasons for complaints include policy cancellations, claim denials, unsatisfactory customer service, or delays in processing claims. Make sure to gather all relevant documentation to support your complaint.
Step 2: Contact Hastings Direct customer service
The first step in the complaint process is to contact Hastings Direct’s customer service team. You can do this in several ways:
- Hastings Direct Live Chat
- Phone: Call their customer service helpline at 0333 321 9801.
- Email: Send your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online: Fill out the complaint form on their website at https://www.hastingsdirect.com/help/complaints.
- Post: Write a letter detailing your complaint and send it to Hastings Direct, Customer Relations Department, Conquest House, Collington Avenue, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN39 3LW.
When contacting Hastings Direct, be sure to provide your policy number, contact information, and a clear explanation of your complaint.
Step 3: Await a response
Once you’ve submitted your complaint, Hastings Direct will acknowledge it within five working days. The company aims to resolve complaints within eight weeks, but some complex cases may require more time. You will receive updates on the progress of your complaint throughout the process.
Step 4: Escalate to the Financial Ombudsman Service
If you’re unhappy with Hastings Direct’s final response or haven’t received a resolution within eight weeks, you can escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS is an independent organization that helps resolve disputes between customers and financial service providers.
You can contact the FOS through the following methods:
- Phone: Call 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123.
- Email: Send your complaint to email@example.com.
- Online: Visit the FOS website at https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk and fill out their online complaint form.
- Post: Write a letter detailing your complaint and send it to Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR.
Remember, you must contact the FOS within six months of receiving Hastings Direct’s final response, or you may lose your right to escalate the complaint.