Here’s how to arrange a redelivery with DPD:
- Check your delivery status. Before you arrange a redelivery, it’s a good idea to check the status of your delivery. You can do this by using the tracking number provided by DPD. This will give you an idea of when the delivery was attempted, and whether you need to arrange a redelivery or collect your parcel from a depot.
- Visit the DPD website. To arrange a redelivery, visit the DPD website and select the ‘Arrange a Redelivery’ option. You’ll need to enter your tracking number and postcode and follow the instructions to choose a convenient date and time for the re-delivery.
- Choose a delivery option. When arranging a redelivery, you’ll have several delivery options to choose from. You can select a specific date and time for the delivery, choose to have the parcel delivered to a neighbour or safe place, or have it delivered to a nearby DPD Pickup shop for collection.
- Confirm your details. Once you’ve selected your delivery option, you’ll need to confirm your delivery details. This includes the recipient’s name, delivery address, and any special instructions for the driver. You’ll also need to provide a contact phone number in case the driver needs to get in touch.
- Check and confirm. Before submitting your redelivery request, make sure to check all your details carefully. Once you’ve confirmed your details, you can submit your request and receive a confirmation email from DPD.
- Stay updated. DPD will provide you with regular updates on the status of your redelivery, including an estimated delivery time and any changes to the delivery schedule. You can track your parcel’s progress using the tracking number provided by DPD.