If you’re an ASOS customer facing either of these issues, we’re here to guide you through the steps you should take to resolve them.
Dealing with Missing Items in an ASOS Order
Discovering a missing item in an ASOS order can be frustrating. However, there are several steps customers can take to address this:
- Check Emails and Order Details: ASOS may have sent the items in separate parcels. Customers should check their emails to see if any items will be arriving separately. They can also verify if their order has been split into more than one parcel by checking ‘My Orders’.
- Out of Stock Items: The ordered item(s) may have been out of stock. It’s advisable to check emails (including the junk/spam folder) to see if ASOS has sent an email about this.
- Combined or Split Orders: If multiple orders qualifying for free delivery were placed within a few days of each other and are being shipped to the same delivery address, the orders may have been combined or split across multiple parcels.
- Different Delivery Times: Some items may be shipped from a different warehouse, resulting in varying delivery times. It’s worth checking the expected delivery date and tracking in ‘My Orders’.
If an item is missing from an order, ASOS requests customers to let them know within 30 days of the order being delivered, and they will do their best to assist. To do so, you can use the ASOS live chat service.
Handling Incorrect Items in an ASOS Order
Receiving an incorrect item in an order can be disappointing. Here’s how customers can handle it:
- Return the Incorrect Item: If one of the received items isn’t what was ordered, it should be sent back to ASOS for a refund.
- Create a Return: Customers can go to ‘My Orders’, click ‘Create Return’ next to the order they want to return and follow the instructions provided. It’s important to select ‘Incorrect item received’ as the reason for return. More information on how to return can be found on the ASOS website.
- Proof of Postage: Customers should keep their proof of postage in case ASOS needs to review it later.
- Reorder if Needed: If the customer still wants the order and the items are still in stock, they can reorder them through the ASOS website.
Regardless of where the items were shipped from, the usual returns process can be followed. All returned items will be inspected upon arrival. If ASOS’s Quality Control team is not satisfied with the condition an item has been returned, they may not accept the return and may send it back to the customer.