Sheilas’ Wheels is a renowned insurance provider, offering a range of coverage options for vehicle owners. One of the essential aspects of their comprehensive car insurance policy is the windscreen damage cover. Here’s a detailed look into what this cover entails:
Immediate Action for Minor Damages
If you notice a chip on your windscreen, it’s crucial to address it immediately before it develops into a more significant crack. Sheilas’ Wheels emphasizes the importance of early intervention, as a timely repair can often prevent the need for a complete windscreen replacement.
Easy Repair and Replacement Process
Policyholders can directly liaise with Sheilas’ Wheels recommended windscreen specialists, Autoglass, to facilitate the repair or replacement of their windscreen and other car windows. This service is available 24/7, ensuring that help is always at hand when you need it. For assistance, policyholders can reach out to the helpline at 0800 032 9082 or visit the dedicated Autoglass link for Sheilas’ Wheels customers.
The windscreen damage cover provides for:
- Repair or replacement of accidentally damaged glass in the windscreen, side, or rear windows.
- Addressing scratches or damage to the car’s bodywork caused exclusively by the broken glass, provided there’s no other damage.
- Recalibration of any Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) equipment related to the windscreen’s repair or replacement.
Things to Note
- Claims made under this section won’t affect the No Claim Discount.
- Policyholders are required to pay the applicable windscreen repair or replacement excess as indicated in their policy schedule.
- Opting for services outside of the recommended repairer, Autoglass, will result in a coverage cap of £100 for each incident.
While the windscreen damage cover is comprehensive, there are specific exclusions to be aware of:
- The windscreen excess mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Replacement of the hood or roof structure for convertible or cabriolet cars.
- Repairs or replacements for sunroofs or fixed/movable glass roof panels are not covered.