If you have a Ryanair flight that you are unable to make, you may be wondering how to get proof of a no-show. This can be important if you are trying to claim a refund from your travel insurance company or dispute a charge from Ryanair.
They may be able to provide you with a letter that confirms that you did not check in for your flight.
To get a no-show proof from Ryanair, you will need to:
- Go to the Ryanair website or app and log into your account.
- Click on the “My Bookings” tab.
- Select the flight you want to get a no-show proof for.
- Click on the “Contact Us” button.
- Select the “No-show proof” option from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form and provide as much information as possible about why you did not show up for your flight.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Ryanair will review your request and will contact you if they need any further information. If your request is approved, they will send you a no-show proof by email.
Here are some documents that you can provide to support your claim:
- A copy of your boarding pass showing that you did not check-in
- A letter from your doctor or other healthcare provider confirming that you were unable to travel due to a medical emergency
- A police report if you were involved in an accident that prevented you from traveling
If you cannot get a no-show proof from Ryanair, you may be able to provide other documentation to prove that you did not show up for your flight. This documentation could include:
- A copy of your travel insurance policy showing that you were covered for a no-show
- A copy of your flight itinerary showing that you were booked on the flight
- A screenshot of your Ryanair booking confirmation
Once you have proof of no-show, you can use it to claim a refund from your travel insurance company or to dispute a charge from Ryanair.