This article will guide you through the process of submitting a damaged product claim with Royal Mail.
Step 1: Assess the damage
Before you submit a claim, assess the damage to determine if it’s worth pursuing compensation. Check the packaging and the contents inside to identify any damages that might have occurred during transit. Make sure to take clear photographs of the damaged package and the contents as evidence, as you will need to provide these when filing your claim.
Step 2: Gather the necessary information
Collect all the required information needed for submitting the claim. You will need:
- Proof of postage (such as a receipt or a certificate of posting)
- Proof of the item’s value (such as a sales receipt or invoice)
- Photographs of the damaged packaging and contents
Step 3: Check the eligibility for compensation
Royal Mail offers compensation for most of its services, but there are some restrictions. Visit the policy page below and review their compensation policies to ensure your claim is eligible. Keep in mind that you must file your claim within 80 days of the date of postage.
Step 4: Complete the claim form
Visit the Royal Mail claims page from the link below and download the appropriate claim form for your service:
Fill out the form accurately and include all the necessary details, such as your personal information, the details of the damaged item, and the service used. Don’t forget to attach the required evidence, such as photographs of the damage and proof of postage.
Step 5: Submit the claim form
Once you have completed the claim form, you can submit it through one of the following methods:
- Online: Scan and upload the completed claim form and supporting evidence on the Royal Mail website. Make sure to follow the guidelines for submitting claims online.
- By post: Send the completed claim form and supporting evidence to the address provided on the form. We recommend using a signed-for service to ensure your claim reaches Royal Mail safely.
Step 6: Wait for the response
Royal Mail aims to respond to claims within 30 working days. They will assess your claim and determine whether you are eligible for compensation. If your claim is successful, you will receive compensation in the form of a cheque or postage stamps, depending on the amount and your preference.