To add a vertical divider in Notion, follow these steps:
- Click on the + (plus) icon that appears when you hover over the left-hand side of the margin to add a new content block.
- A small content box will open. Now scroll through the “Basic Blocks” section and find the “Quote” block.
- Click on it to insert a quote line. This will be your vertical divider. Now we just have to do a bit of customizing.
- The quote block will by default take just one line of text. You probably need it to be bigger than that. Just hold Shift and hit Enter. The line will keep going down, so just stop pressing ‘Enter’ when it reaches the desired length.
- To move the vertical divider to the center of the page, just type some text under it and drag that content to the left of the divider line. Now you can write or insert new content blocks on both sides of the line
Pro Tip: You can also create a Quote in Notion by typing a quotation mark (“) and hitting Space. In that case, just skip to step six.
Making Multiple Columns in Notion
To better organize your content, you might want to make multiple columns in Notion. Here’s how:
- Select the piece of text you want to move to a new column. For a new page, just add some content you can drag.
- Drag the text or content across the page. You do so by holding the two vertical dotted lines symbol on the left-hand side margin next to the specific text line. This will be your handle to drag and drop the content.
- As you drag the text onto the right side of the page, you will see a blue guideline show up. Just release the text when the line becomes vertical. You’ve just created a new column in Notion!
- Select another piece of text and repeat the steps as many times as you want. You can make two, three, four, or as many columns as you need across the page width
Keep in mind that columns are not visible on phone devices due to the smaller screen size. If you use Notion on your phone, expect to see your right column under the left one. Your multiple columns will show one under another.