Experiencing lost or delayed baggage can be a hassle, but Jet2 has a structured procedure to help passengers recover their belongings or claim compensation. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to go about it.
Step 1: Report the Issue
- At the Airport: As soon as you realize your baggage is lost or delayed, report it to the Jet2 team at the airport. It’s crucial to fill in a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) before leaving the airport as this document is necessary for processing your claim.
- Contact Information: Provide your mobile number to the Customer Helpers when completing the PIR so they can update you via text message on the status of your baggage
Step 2: Check Baggage Status
- Online Tracking: After completing your PIR, check the status of your delayed baggage online.
- Customer Helpline: In case of lost or stolen items, you can contact Jet2’s 24/7 Customer Helpline at 0044 113 387 9501 for further assistance.
Step 3: Await Baggage Delivery
- Baggage Delivery: Once Jet2 locates your bag, they will deliver it to your hotel or home address. Their appointed courier company will contact you directly to arrange the best delivery time.
Step 4: File a Claim
- Claim Submission: If your baggage remains lost or delayed for an extended period, you may want to file a claim. All claims for delayed or lost baggage must be sent in writing within 21 days of the baggage being returned to you or of you being informed that it’s irretrievably lost.
- Documentation: Send a copy of your PIR and receipts for any items for which you intend to claim. For damaged baggage, claims must be sent within seven days of completing your PIR or within seven days of your return flight home, whichever is greater. Include photographic evidence of any damaged items and receipts for items you intend to claim.
Step 5: Follow Up
- Response Time: Jet2 aims to respond to claims within 28 days. They strongly recommend having travel insurance and advise making a claim with your insurer first as they are more likely to offer a higher level of compensation.