For Think Money card users looking to integrate their cards with Apple Wallet, this guide provides a clear and detailed walkthrough. Although Think Money cards are currently not compatible with Apple Pay, understanding the process can be beneficial for future updates.
Step-by-Step Guide to Adding an e-Money Card to Apple Wallet
Opening the Wallet App
- iPhone Users: Launch the Wallet app and select the Add button.
- Apple Watch Users: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap on the My Watch tab, go to Wallet & Apple Pay, and then tap Add Card.
Selecting the Card Type
- Choose the e-Money option, available on devices running iOS 15, watchOS 8, or later versions.
Adding Your Card
- Select the card you wish to add from the available options.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
Choosing Card Addition Type
- To create a new card, select the amount of money you want to add.
- To add a physical card, select ‘Transfer Existing Card’ and provide the necessary details.
Finalizing the Process
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- For a new card: Choose a payment card and confirm the purchase.
- For a physical card: Place the e-Money card on a flat surface and rest your iPhone on it until “Card Added” appears. This may take a few minutes.
Current Compatibility Status of Think Money Cards with Apple Pay
As of the latest update, Think Money cards are not yet compatible with Apple Pay. Think Money has announced plans to support Apple Pay and Google Pay in the near future, but an exact launch date has not been provided.
FAQs: Think Money Cards and Apple Wallet
Q: Can I currently add my Think Money card to Apple Wallet? A: No, Think Money cards are not yet compatible with Apple Wallet or Apple Pay.
Q: What devices support adding e-Money cards to Apple Wallet? A: You can add e-Money cards to Apple Wallet on devices running iOS 15 or later for iPhone and watchOS 8 or later for Apple Watch.
Q: How can I transfer my physical e-Money card to Apple Wallet? A: You can transfer it by selecting ‘Transfer Existing Card’ in the Wallet app and following the on-screen instructions.
Q: Will Think Money support Apple Pay and Google Pay in the future? A: Yes, Think Money has announced plans to support both Apple Pay and Google Pay, although no specific date has been provided.
Q: Are there any specific requirements or limitations for adding e-Money cards to Apple Wallet? A: Your device must be running iOS 15 or watchOS 8, or later. Additionally, the process may differ slightly depending on whether you are adding a new card or transferring a physical card.