Recognizing the Signs of Fraud
- Phishing Texts and Emails: These often contain poor grammar, lack of personalization, and suspicious links or attachments.
- Urgency and Threats: Scammers rush you into making decisions or threaten account suspension.
- Unusual Requests: Legitimate couriers, like Evri, never ask for personal information or payments via text or email.
Steps to Report Evri Fraud
- Immediate Actions: Do not interact with suspicious messages. Avoid clicking on links or providing personal details.
- Reporting to Evri: Forward suspicious emails or texts to Evri at email@example.com for investigation.
- Reporting to Authorities: Report scam texts by forwarding them to 7726 (free) and scam emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. In cases of fraud, contact Action Fraud or Victim Support for assistance.
How do I identify a fake Evri text? Look for signs like unusual links, grammar errors, and requests for payment or personal information. Evri never asks for payments via text.
What should I do if I receive a suspicious Evri email? Report it to email@example.com and avoid clicking any links.
Can Evri fraud happen through phone calls? Yes, be cautious of unsolicited calls asking for personal or financial information.
How can I verify if an Evri message is genuine? Check for the specific characteristics of scams outlined above and verify through official Evri contact points if in doubt.