The Costco Digital Membership Card is designed to offer members advanced features and is not available in Apple Wallet. What you’re reading below is a workaround.
The primary reason to add your Costco Card to Apple Wallet is for convenience. While you might face challenges using it for entry or at the checkout in-store, having it in your Apple Wallet ensures you have quick access to your membership number. This can be particularly useful for online checkouts or if you need to provide your membership details over the phone.
However, it’s essential to note that the warehouse staff requires seeing specific details on your card, such as your headshot and membership level, when you enter a Costco location. Unfortunately, these details don’t get stored in Apple Wallet. Instead, only the barcode and account number are available.
Step-by-Step Guide to Adding Your Costco Card to Apple Wallet
- Open the App Store on your iPhone and search for the Pass2U Wallet application. Download and install it.
- Once installed, launch the Pass2U Wallet app.
- Tap the menu icon located in the top-left corner of the application and select ‘Pass Store.’
- In the search bar, type ‘Costco.’ From the search results, choose the Pass created by Fredrick Newson and tap ‘Apply.’
- You’ll be prompted to fill in your Costco Card details. Use your phone’s camera to scan the barcode on your card.
- After entering all the required information, tap the ‘Done’ icon in the top-right corner.
- Wait for a few moments as the Pass is generated. Once done, click ‘Add’ to store it in your Apple Wallet.
Note: While Fredrick Newson’s template is recommended due to its comprehensive design, you’re not limited to it. There are numerous templates available in the Pass Store. You can even create a custom one if you prefer. However, remember that Apple Wallet has its limitations. For instance, you can’t store photographs like your headshot, which is essential for in-store verification at Costco.